Monday, November 16, 2009

All you need is love

"All you need is Love" -John Lennon

In order to be truly happy, you must first love yourself. In order for another to love you, they must not only love themselves, but they have to be willing to let go of all your past indiscretions; to know all about you and remain in your presence in spite of it. To move on is not easy, forgiving is harder and forgetting, impossible. I will never forget the path I took to get where I'm at. I will look back and smile about certain memories. Others will sadden me and the worst will be downright painful. People will come into my life, serve their purpose and then will leave. I'm thankful for those friends; they have given me what I needed at the time. Some have taught me patience, acceptance, humility and how to dance like no one is watching. Others have angered me, brought me down and made me wish I would die. For all of that I am greatful; it makes for an interesting day. Those who have been around a little longer have taught me to respect, endure, believe, and most important, love.
I am in love with life. I love my kids, my friends, my family and I have an outlook on life I would otherwise not possess if not for they're encouraging words and relentless support. Even on days when I think there is no way things could get worse (and they often do before they get better), they are beside me pushing me to go on because tomorrow will be better, it has to be. Most days I don't believe them. It sounds so much easier to throw in the towel, but real friends will not allow it. It makes me angry and frustrated but ultimately beautiful. There is beauty in friendship; in love. That is the one thing no one can take from me. No matter how hard they try, love will always be what brightens my day. Even when I am lost, I know it's there. Love may not be easy or desirable even, but it is ALWAYS worth it. We cannot live without it. It is as essential to our well being as water oxygen and food.

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is not selfish.
Love bears all things. Love believes all things. Love hopes all things. Love endures all things. Love continues to love, no matter how much it costs. Love does not give up on the person loved. Love prevails, both in good times and bad times.
~1 Cor. 13:4-7~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment