Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happiness as a goal

  It is all too often that we get so focused on our busy schedules (shuttling the kids to and from school, various sports events and obligations, work, grocery shopping, the gym, meal planning and execution, housework) that we forget to appreciate the smaller occurrences, objects, and small details that make our lives a little more enchanting.  Today it is raining, thus creating the perfect inspiration/environment/nothing-better-to-do time to write a blog.

  It's been quite some time since I have sat down to write anything and I feel as if I'm letting myself down.   Alas, here we are as a result of my new found unemployment.  No complaints as the former j-o-b was super stressful and was making my marriage incredibly strained as it was becoming increasingly difficult to find time for each other and the kidlets.  Hopefully I will find something more suitable to our family needs.  As summer approaches I'm trying to find things to keep the trolls occupied and active, which translates into: I need to drive the bus and have time to do so.  I suppose this joblessness couldn't have come at a better time.  Add to it that having to leave my family everyday to go to an environment I hated to be in with people whom I mostly disliked, (there were very few I could genuinely say I liked to be around) to work for a woman I have no respect for, and to come home every night angry, frustrated, and feeling trapped and I'd say I'm absolutely thrilled to no longer have to work in that awful place.

  Instead, I choose to be happy and love life.  I don't wish to be cranky, irritable or tired all the time.
Throughout the course of my last state of employment I found that simple chores became difficult to accomplish and at times were just not getting done.  In my mind it was a never ending episode of hoarders!  Okay, maybe it wasn't all that bad, nonetheless I am joining my neighbors in an annual ritual for getting rid of useless crap, otherwise known as a YARD SALE!  Oh what fun :/  Can you sense my excitement?  This just means that I have to confront my basement; yikes!

 My bestie  (Erin) and I were contemplating writing a joint blog the other morning over coffee (and Frangelico).  What a great idea!  Wish me luck, and if you should have any inexpensive summer ideas for my offspring, let's hear it.  Happy yard-saling to all!

2 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to yard sale with u. I hope it doesn't rain bUt I'm sure we will have a good chat ;). So glad u r my neighbor and a great friend. I will let u know any cheap summer activities such as cow tipping. :-D

    ReplyDelete